Monday, June 18, 2007

Ooh la la!


When it comes to style don't you just love everything French?
There is a wonderful cross stitching magazine called De fil en aiguille that I asked my lovely French friend Francoise to help me find.
I received the magazine (thank you Francoise:) and, for anyone wondering what it's like, it really is a quality publication.
There are so many things I'd like to stitch from the magazine unlike the English magazines that I used to buy that were full of advertisements and very little else.
Along with magazine came the sweetest little pillow I have ever seen.
Beautifully stitched and finished by Francoise the design is from the Carriage House Samplings alphabet series. I love anything to do with the ocean but mermaids are absolutely my favourites!
This dinky little pillow is backed with cream crushed velvet, has a tiny lemon yellow ribbon bow and matching lemon yellow pins. What a beautiful keepsake - I'll treasure it always.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just beautiful!! Francoise does such lovely work. I bet the magazine is drool-worthy, too! :)

Nancy said...

Francoise is a dear one! The mermaid pillow is beautiful, and enjoy your magazine Margaret!

Nancy

Anonymous said...

Happy if you like....
Warms hugs
françoise

Wendy said...

The sweet little mermaid pincushion is such a lovely gift. Enjoy your new magazine.

Christine said...

Oh Wow! Beautiful job Francoise. A few years back I gave Margaret a nick name, Margaret Mermaid for her love of mermaids. I just call her "M.M." for short. This little pillow is perfect with the Mm. What a little treasure. Lovely mag too.

Anonymous said...

Gosh what a wonderful surprise gift. Francoise stitches beautifully and she couldn't have chosen a better design :>)The yellow velvet backing sounds beautiful. What a kind and thoughtful gift.
This is such a lovely magazine - I'm sure you will want to stitch everything in it.
Hugs, Angela

Anonymous said...

The mermaid pillow is precious and SO thoughtful of Francoise, what a keepsake! The magazine looks lovely and I would love that hanging thing on the cover with the pockets! How neat and useful is that? Stitched, quilted...can't wait to see what project you choose!