Saturday, August 18, 2007
It's been a while since I posted but it's for a very good reason. I have my family from England staying for three weeks and my feet have barely touched the ground!
We've been out a lot. Mostly round the pool or down at the beach but on Thursday we went for a drive to a park just outside of Alicante.
There were lots of play areas for the kids but it was so hot we could barely drag ourselves round. There was a little boating lake so we took out a couple of boats and had some fun on the water. It was hard work rowing, especially in that heat, and we went round in circles a few times before we finally got the hang of it.
On the stitching front................ my stitching time is almost zero so the only finish I can share is something I did for a stitchery swap via sweet p's blog
As I'm new to this type of embroidery I was a bit nervous until I found out that I would be stitching for Bren a good friend who also started stitching about the same time as me.
I turned the finished stitching into a tiny tote bag and with the leftover fabric made a matching tissue holder. I also had a piece of cherry print fabric that I decided to turn into a thread catcher so I stitched a cherry design onto the pincushion area and it turned out quite nice.
I have other things (mostly cross stitch) in the works but can't show them just yet as they are for a mail art exchange.
Posted by Solstitches at 6:04 AM
Wednesday, August 8, 2007
It seems that I have less and less to show here just lately..........most of what I've been doing is for an exchange of one kind or another but I think I'm safe to show this little pinkeep that I've made.
The design is one of a set of four Seasonal Spots by the Drawn Thread.
I stitched it on 32 ct Sand by Silkweaver and the backing fabric is by Moda.
The other picture is a little pincushion that I made a while ago from the instructions Heidi http://needlenecessities.blogspot.com/ has on her blog. I just couldn't get a bow to sit right no matter how hard I tried so in the end I just tied on a piece of wired ribbon which seems to look OK.
Posted by Solstitches at 4:18 AM