Monday, August 28, 2023

End of August

Hello friends and fellow crafters,

How come it is almost the end of August already? The year has flown so far.
I haven’t given up on this blog. I would love to post more but time is always an issue these days as I’m a full time carer for my husband.
I’m not on Instagram that much any more. It has changed a lot since the early days.
These days it is noisy with so many reels and adverts. I am not shown the feeds of the people I used to enjoy following so I’m reclaiming this quiet space and if I’m the only one here that’s OK.
I’ll just keep this blog a record of my projects and life in general.

Here in the UK Summer was a total washout. After a hot spell in June it seemed to be endless rain and grey days with the exception of a few sunny days here and there.

This picture was taken during the June heatwave. There hasn’t been much opportunity for sitting outside ever since.
I seem to have lost (temporarily I hope) my stitching mojo. Projects are sitting untouched in their bags until I get inspired again.
Meanwhile I’ve been working with yarn. I crocheted a baby blanket and knitted a little hat with the leftover yarn.

I also finished a pair of socks for hubby knit from West Yorkshire Spinners yarns.
a cardigan and hat for one of my granddaughters. My friend Sandra in Northern Ireland sent me the buttons from her button jar and they are just perfect. 
and a jumper knitted in Deramore’s anti pilling acrylic yarn. The pattern is free on the Drops website.
I think it is called Agnes.
Right now I’m knitting another pair of socks that I will hopefully finish 
I made a sock knitting project bag with some lovely sunflower fabric

I also made a cross stitch project bag using French General fabrics.



Well, I think that’s about it for now. I hope it won’t be so long between posts n future.
Happy crafting,
Margaret 









11 comments:

Katie said...

Welcome back. Blogging is like an old friend. Always there for us. I love instgram for a quick glance at a picture but blogging explains the story behind it. Beautiful pieces. Beautiful bags. Hope your stitching bug is back quickly.

Sandra said...

Your garden looks so tranquil. Those hot summer days seem like a distant memory. Love the FG project, I should do something similar with all my FG fabrics, goodness knows I have plenty. Love Bob's autumn socks too.

diamondc said...

It is good to see you are blogging again, all your knitted projects are beautiful, your stitching may return soon hopefully but seeing your knitting is a treat for us.
The sweater is beautiful is positively beautiful as is the hat and afghan blanket.
Your garden setting looks so peaceful and quiet.
I only do Blogger no other social media.
Have a wonderful day.

Catherine💙

Katrina said...

Gorgeous knitting Margaret and I love your new project bags. I hope your stitching mojo returns soon. So happy to see you blogging again, all the best, Katrina xx

Ο κόσμος της Ράνιας said...

Προτιμώ τα blogs από τα κουραστικά likes και τις διαφημήσεις του facebook
Τα έργα σας πολύ όμορφα και τα πλεκτά και οι τσάντες.
Εύχομαι να βρίσκετε ευκαιρία να ξεκουράζεστε στον όμορφο κήπο σας
Πολλά χαιρετίσματα !!!

Vickie said...

Oh Margaret! Your knitting is fabulous!! That project bag is so wonderful, love it!

Carol said...

It's always a pleasure to read your updates, Margaret--no matter how long in between them! You may not be cross stitching, but you certainly are creating so many gorgeous things. Love the sweater you made for your granddaughter, especially. And what a peaceful looking garden.

Hope you enjoy the rest of your summer--it's shocking how quickly this year has passed! ♥

marly said...

Wow. All your projects are wonderful! I have been looking all summer for a table and chairs exactly like yours. Never found them! Everything local is way too big. Hope your mojo returns soon.

Sue said...

Love the beautiful knitting and sewing sewing bags and such a pretty space to sit and relax in your garden. Sue x

Chookyblue...... said...

Hi Margaret
I was so happy to see your post........I went back thru your blog and saw that you had posted around the new year also but I was very behind in blog reading and they must have slipped thru my feed list before I caught up....
Lovely knitting and sewing is this post......still making little pouches/bags i see......
I do hope you keep blogging........I have a zoom sewing group now days Chookshed Stitchers and you would be very welcome to join us........
Looking forward to your next post.........

Lin said...

You have knitted some beautiful things. I agree about Instagram - I don't want reels, don't really understand what is going on! And you need to wade through loads of suggested posts and advertising to get to what you want to see. Having said that I have found some lovely interesting people to follow so it is not all bad!