Sunday, January 29, 2023

2021 - A good stitching year

Hello friends and fellow stitchers,



Thank you so much for your kind comments on my last post. It had been so long since I had posted anything that I was sure there would be no one visiting here so I was pleasantly surprised to meet up with friends old and new.
I’ve a bit more progress on my Winter Rose Manor but not really enough to show yet.
Instead, I’ve decided to put up pictures of some 2021 stitching. I had two major finishes in 2021 so it must have been a good stitching year.
The first is A Saviour’s Praise by Shakespeare’s Peddler. I stitched this on 36 ct linen using all the called for threads one strand over two.
I didn’t want to stitch the fictitious name of Emma Seabrooke so I substituted my own wording instead.
I really loved stitching this sampler and missed working on it once it was done.
The other big piece is a design by The Scarlet Letter. Margaret Gibson 1839.
This was a WIP for many years til I finally decided to make that push and finish her.
The piece is stitched n 36 ct linen using the DMC conversion that was included with the chart.
I think the colours are beautiful and it just goes to show you really don’t have to have the fancy floss or silks to stitch something beautiful.
I think you can click on any of the pictures to enlarge them.
,I have one other smaller sampler to share today and this one is by The Scarlett House Little Deeds Sampler. I stitched this one on 35 ct natural linen using mostly the called for threads one strand over two.




and now for some sewing. In my last post I showed a zippered pouch and I’ve just finished making another one. The pattern is by Sotak Handmade and the name of the pattern is the Lola Pouch. You can purchase the pattern as a pdf from her website.
It’s such a great pattern that I want to make more. For this one I used some Tilda fabrics although the striped base and lining fabrics are just oddments from stash.
I did quilt as you go and quite enjoyed trying out something new to me.



So I think that is about it for now. I hope to be back soon!
Happy crafting,
Margaret


8 comments:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Those are lovely samplers, you must be very pleased with them.
I think DMC looks just as good as the more expensive threads 99% of the time.

Sandra said...

Your samplers all look lovely, the Scarlett House one looks so much nicer than the chart cover and yet you used the right threads, it just goes to show how deceptive photos can be.

Katie said...

Beautiful samplers. I just love the little pouch you made.

Katrina said...

So happy to see you blogging again and sharing all your lovely stitching and other crafts. Best wishes, Katrina

Miriam said...

Lots of compliments for your quilted zippering pouch. As for the cross stitch I like samplers very much and these are very nice.
Have a nice afternoon,
Miriam from Italy

Anonymous said...

Great to see you posting again … and such beautiful samplers

Lili said...

Your stitching is amazing, Margaret!! I love your samplers!! The Scarlet Letter sampler is beautiful!!
The zippered pouch is lovely!!

Carol said...

I can't tell you how happy I am to have you back blogland, Margaret! Your beautiful stitching and sewing were very much missed. Love the samplers, both large and small. I think that Little Deeds finish is especially sweet. And your pouch is so beautiful--love the fabrics you chose. I made my first (and only so far!) zippered pouch for my little grandson last year using dinosaur fabric. It took my hours and hours to figure things out, but in the end I loved it. Really should make another soon. Hope your February is going well ♥