Sunday, October 21, 2007
I made an apron!
I spent the best part of today making an apron as I'd (rather rashly) signed up to do an apron exchange a few weeks ago with my quilting group.
Although I enjoyed sewing when my kids were small the only apron I've ever made was at school when we had to sew our cookery aprons and matching caps :)
I'd emailed my apron partner for her preferences but didn't get a reply so I just did my own thing basing the design loosely on a pattern I'd seen in one of the Australian Patchwork and Stitching magazines.
I did the stitchery using white Kona Snow fabric with two strands DMC 797.
The fabric is from one of the Mary Engelbreit lines. I had enough fabric left over and would have loved to have made a matching potholder but didn't have the special insulated wadding needed to make it heat resistant.
I really enjoyed making the apron and now I want to make one for my daughter using this cute cupcake fabric I've seen on eBay.
Posted by Solstitches at 9:17 AM